Friday, December 11, 2009

Amarillo by Morning

My father-in-law has been doing the church service, for almost 15 yrs, at the Working Ranch Cattle Association Finals (WRCA) in Amarillo. Brett has been once or twice, but I had never been, so we decided to go this year to see a few of the rodeo performances. We decided to make a this a kid free vacation and left the kiddos with my parents.

While there, I was able to so lots of shopping at the Trade show....which was bigger than I had ever expected. I could have spent some serious money, but I refrained and only bought a few things, that I just had to have. We were also fortunate to see some old friend from Hereford, as well as my best friend, Jill and her husband, Buck. They drove up from Groom to go to the Rodeo with us Sat. night and we were able to have a nice, kid free dinner beforehand.

We had a great time, but will tell you that we missed the kids terribly. I talked with Jackson several times on the phone and he kept asking me when the rodeo was going to be over. The boys will be bigger next year, so they will be coming with us & we will make it a family vacation.
All the ranches participating

Budweiser Clydesdales...they are so big & beautiful!

Jill & Buck....sure wish they lived closer!

Me and my hubby!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment